SSG (Supercritical Simulations Group) is pleased to inform you that they have updated their Boeing 747-8 to version 1.2.
According to Ricardo Bolognini “This is an important change in this version of the SSG 747-8 Series is that now you no longer need to update your navigation data inside the aircraft folder. This data can now be stored in a new X-plane/Custom Data/UFMC folder. To do this, create a new folder called “UFMC” in your X-plane/Custom Data/ folder. Then place all Navigraph or Aerosoft NavDataPro files into this folder. The SSG 747-8 Series FMC now looks first into this folder and then into the aircraft folder and respective aircraft’s plugin folder. Now the FMC will find the default AIRAC 1406 data in the plugin folder. No user changes are required.
But there’s much more. Other changes include:
– Wingtip strobes adjusted to reflect the timing of the real LED strobes.
– The red anti-collision beacons are now controlled separately.
– Visual enhancements to EICAS messages
– Tailstrike protection logic based on the real aircraft’s
– Flight Path Vector (FPV) function added to the PFD.
– External normal files by Leen de Jager showing enhanced aircraft skin
– Cockpit texture enhancements by Kostas Koronakis
– Other external texture enhancements
– Wing flex slightly greater and the wing in Replay mode now stays lifted
– Minor fixes to the EFB
– ND waypoints and airport representation is better and faster
– Speedbrake / Thrust Lever logic implemented
Various FMC and autoflight improvements such as:
– Speed/altitude restriction oper. in VNAV CLB and VNAV DES pages
– Speed restriction management in VNAV CLB and VNAV DES pages
– Better CLIMB autopilot behavior avoiding oscillations in most cases
– More realistic STAR/TRANS/RWY selection